NB: This is a work in progress and will be modified to better fit the groups needs. I offer this as a starting point for discussion.Vision
Extending the concept of personalized genomic medicine into education, we recognize the value of personalized education. We meet the unique learning needs of each individual student by assembling the best scientific multimedia into logically coherent and developmentally-appropriate learning progressions. These learning sequences are designed to foster a sophisticated understanding of the molecular basis of life and disease.Mission
1. We are creating a well-organized and easy-to-navigate learning framework for sharing these resources with other teachers and their students.
2. We continuously scan for emerging multimedia from the best scientific laboratories and teaching institutions around the world.
3. We first share the results, we then organize them into topics and categories, and finally embed them into logically-coherent learning sequences. Values
1. We are passionate in our life's work.
2. We are persistent in meeting our goals.
3. We value the scientific habits of mind of:
a. Openness to new ideas
c. Dedication to the truth as nature reveals it
e. Rigorous analysis with integrity
P.S. I intend to start a wiki for this group as it provides a better structure for organizing links into specific categories. From my point of view, a ning is best to start and facilitate discussions, but a wiki is better for supporting groups authoring content. Nicht wahr?
P.P.S. I intend to post my top ten molecular videos here. But I imagine the molecular videos will get lost among the crowd. Thus the rationale for the wiki.
P. P.P.S. I've posted a beta wiki at: http://futureisnowinbioeducation.wetpaint.com/